A museum opened since July 1986 thanks to the association Saône Lorraine and the town of Hennezel, retraces the great industrial era of the Ourche Valley, in particular the epic of glass, iron and wood.
Originally from Bohemia, the glassmakers were called in Lorraine by Duke Jean 1 in the 14th century and founded many glassware in the Darney forest and especially in the Ourche valley where 28 master glassmakers were counted in 1572. Many left Vôge for having adopted the Protestant reform "Roche des Huguenots" between Passavant and the Great Catherine then afterwards because of the 30-year war to go to settle in Switzerland, Scotland or Ireland.
« Saône Lorraine »
Open every day from Easter to October 15 from 2:30pm to 6:00pm
11 rue du Moulin-Robert, 88260 HENNEZEL
03.29.07.00.80 / 03.29.09.34.22 / 06.74.25.54.37